What can be easier to style than a classic black dress and a denim jacket? They are the basics of the wardrobe. But styling the basics is the hardest.
There are a lot of different ways to wear black and denim separately. But how many choices do you have when it comes to a classic combination of those two pieces? How deep can you go into styling a denim jacket and a plain black dress to create absolutely different looks?
The key rule to styling the basics is layering. Layer everything – clothes, colors, and textures. How? Let’s have a look.
5 Ways of Styling a Black Dress with Denim Jacket
Among those celebrities, who wear black and denim a lot, are Miranda Kerr, Vanessa Hudgens, Mandy Moore, and Dakota Johnson. And know what? They never look the same even if it is the same denim jacket and the same dress. But how do they manage to create such different outfits with such a simple piece of the wardrobe as a classic black dress?
As we have already mentioned above, there are tons of ways to wear a black dress and a denim jacket in absolutely new ways. The only rule is not to be afraid of layering.
- For the first look, we’re going to get inspired by Vanessa Hudgens’ outfit. Complement a midi black dress and a light denim jacket with a dark brown cross-body bag, black and silver sandals and a pair of sunglasses. It is a great summer-autumn outfit for a day in the city.
- For the next outfit, you’re going to need a black dress, a jacket, a leopard-print scarf, a pair of dark boots, and a black shoulder bag. The centrepiece of this look is a scarf.
- The next look is a bright example of layering the pieces. On top of a black dress, get a sweater and a black denim jacket. Pick sweaters in different shades of beige. To finish the look, get a pair of dark sandals or boots and a small textured bag in white decorated with a dark scarf.
- For the next look, get a maxi dress, a jacket, a pair of suede ankle boots in olive or sage, a black fedora, and a large shopper bag.
- And the last but not the least, a long dress and a pair of sneakers. Add a denim jacket on top. Go for a black backpack for a more casual look.
It is a lot of fun playing with the basics of the wardrobe. You can create so many interesting looks with the same pieces. Give it a try too!